The Kalajoki Marine Nature Centre lies at the heart of the Kalajoki sandbanks and is the number-one spot for visitors to the Bay of Bothnia. The Nature Centre can tell you the best places to visit on the Bay of Bothnia’s clear flats.
At our exhibition, you can dive into the bay’s underwater world, meet notable people from the history of Finland’s northernmost sea, or angle for Finland’s largest fish.
Answer the call of Finland’s northern sea and experience genuine stories from the Bay of Bothnia!
Services: Guided tours, travel tips. The Kratti Puoji Shop sells nature books, maps, souvenirs and gifts, and Bothnian Bay National Park products.
Location: The Kalajoki sandbanks
Rahja Archipelago – Nearby sights and activities
Spend a day or two kayaking through the Rahja Archipelago and see the Gulf of Bothnia’s unique land upheaval area with your own eyes.
• Rahja Archipelago Boat Nature Trail
• The Kirkolta Kallaan culture trail (2 km) in Vihaslahti.
• You will find camp fire sites for barbecues along the Siiponjoki Trail, near the Vihaslahti birdwatching tower, and near the Viitapakkat vantage point.
• The Bothnian Bay National Park not only breathes history but is also home to living Baltic Sea fishing traditions. Take a boat trip in the National Park to experience the special features of the land upheaval area and meet rare and endangered species.
• Kalajoki is a marine tourist and recreational centre offering a broad range of activities.