Oulujoki Church

The national romantic spirit of the twentieth century was brought to life in the architecture of Oulujoki church, completed in 1908. The church was designed by the architect Viktor J. Sucksdorff of Oulu province, and it also contains Karelian influences. The atmospheric church is the only preserved wooden church in the art nouveau style in Northern Finland.

In 1984, as a result of the restoration work planned by Anna-Kaisa Ylimaula, the church was restored as closely as possible to its original appearance. Visitors to the church can see how the roof and the bell tower in particular reach upwards. On the second clock of the tower, an inscription has been made asking for a blessing for the Finnish people.

This church is part of the Oulujoki Pilgrimage route. Read more from the web page!

Inside Oulujoki church.
More information
  • Oulujoentie 69
    90650 Oulu
  • +3588 3161 300
  • Website